Dry Body Brushing
Dry Brushing, one of the best-kept secrets. This 3-minute regimen just before jumping in the shower adds SOOOOOO Much benefit! People commonly comment on my soft smooth skin and this is how I get it. If I did not dry brush, my skin would be blotchy and dry but I have eliminated that from my life for years. I started Dry Brushing 12 years ago, the first thing I noticed that it got rid of the hereditary bumps on the back of my upper arms and made my elbows super smooth.
Here is WHY you should Dry Body Brush
- Health Benefits: improves blood circulation, improves lymphatic drainage, aids in releasing and breaking down toxins, stimulates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin. It helps muscle tone by giving you a more even distribution of fat deposits. Helps your skin absorb nutrients by getting rid of clogged pores. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, by dry brushing your entire body (minus your face) each time before you jump in the shower, wakes up your skin and makes you feel alive!*
- Beauty Benefits: It can reduce the appearance of cellulite, sheds dead skin cells and encourages new cell renewal leaving your skin silky smooth and with a vibrant GLOW. Reduces the look of dry sagging aging skin. And feels so good, which puts a smile on your face which always adds beauty.*
Here is HOW you Dry Body Brush
- Use a natural bristle brush with a long handle. You can get these a lot of places, even some CVS Drug Stores will have them and Amazon of course.
- Dry Brush just before you jump in the shower with dry skin un-moisturized.
- Start at your feet briskly brushing upward towards your heart. Brush your toes, top, and bottom of your feet, your entire legs, knees, thighs, buttocks, etc… be more gentle on your stomach and chest… Brush your hands, arms, elbows etc.. upward towards your heart again… Brushing towards your heart moves the blood in that direction which is helping blood circulation. On your Back use the long handle and brush from the top of your back down to your lower back.
- Then jump in the shower to wash OFF all the Dead Skin Cells you sloughed off. In the shower I have exfoliation gloves (a tip from one of my girlfriends, Sue, and a GREAT tip!) You can find these at any beauty supply, CVS, Amazon, etc. These suckers help get rid of all the dead skin. I put these gloves on when the conditioner is in my hair and I quickly lather soap in them and scrub down my body with a similar direction as the dry brushing and also scrub NECK really well and lightly over your face. It is amazing how much younger your neck will look by exfoliating it with these gloves. The neck tends to show our age a lot and is commonly neglected in skin regimes.
- After the shower, while my skin is still wet, I will rub on coconut, almond, OR vitamin E OIL, or a DIY lotion like my luxurious homemade body lotion recipe and then towel dry.
- This technique leaves your skin like a Baby’s Butt, SERIOUSLY! Even if you do this only 2-3 times a week…
Leave a comment