This Thai vegetable coconut soup is so easy and fast, so fresh, so delicious! My diet consists of vegetables, organic meat, seafood, fish, dark chocolate (70% plus cocoa), water, teas, bone broth, red wine, and some fruit. Recently I cut out full-fat dairy and also nightshades which can contribute to inflammation (tomatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, peppers, potatoes – potatoes are starchy and I have not eaten those in years, I stick to sweet potatoes and they are not considered a nightshade).
I love health, cooking fresh food, and I am in the kitchen everyday cooking, from making salads, baking chicken, pork, lamb, etc. to making all kinds of easy homemade soups, juicing, smoothies, and stir fry veggies. Cooking healthy organic real food and sharing a meal is one of my favorite things in the world. So many fun easy recipes I make daily and share on this website in my blog.
Also, I’ll be sharing information about finding a good doctor who can take care of many of your health needs from a functional nutritional way who also is an M.D. and takes care of prescriptions and does annual paps. Being a cancer survivor, I have cancer cells, and taking good care of my health keeps cancer at bay and keeps me healthy. Plus eating real fresh food that makes you feel good is such a joyous event. Come join a meal with me one day and see. It’s so nice to not ever go to bed too full or with an upset tummy, and as we age, taking great care of our health helps keep our energy efficient and slows down aging. Okay, now on to this easy yummy recipe!
In my recipe below I get a lot of the ingredients on Amazon with Amazon Prime. It’s cheaper to buy them there than places like Whole Foods, and I buy a larger quantity which drives down the price as well. I use coconut oil, coconut milk, and Celtic and Himalayan salt a lot, and if you start cooking like me, you will too!
Thai Vegetable Coconut Soup
Yield 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 quart organic vegetable or chicken stock or homemade bone broth
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon of Celtic Sea Salt Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, minced
- Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, stirring frequently until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and coconut milk, turning up a bit and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium, add broccoli and ginger, and cook until broccoli is bright green, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and salt.
- Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with cilantro, and serve. WOWZIE, this is GOOD!