When you make a recipe 8 times in one month, you know you have a winner! Well, this is a regular at my home and so DELICIOUS! What I love about the sauce is that it uses almond butter!
Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Nut Sauce
Yield 4 servings
- Head of romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pound of chicken skinless and boneless breast cubed
- 1/2 of a head of green cabbage chopped
- 1 bunch of broccoli chopped
- Few pinches of Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1 lime juice squeezed out of it
- 2 teaspoons of fish sauce (keep your fish sauce in fridge)
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of ume plum vinegar
- 6 drops of stevia
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 teaspoons of ginger freshly grated or chopped
- Make nut sauce first. Mix together the almond butter, lime, fish sauce, toasted sesame oil, ume plum vinegar, stevia, water, cilantro, garlic, and ginger. Set aside. This sauce is SOOO GOOD!
- In a wok or large saucepan, melt your coconut oil on med/high heat, saute raw chicken cubes until mostly cooked, about 4 minutes, set the chicken aside and add more coconut oil to pan and throw in the chopped cabbage and broccoli.
- Saute the veggies for about 4 minutes and add the chicken back in cooking all together for about 1-2 minutes, until chicken is completely done. Add a pinch of Himalayan salt.
- Lay your romaine lettuce leaves on a plate and scoop in veggie and chicken saute, then pour some nut sauce over it, ready to serve.