Did you know that cilantro detoxes heavy metals out of your body? The cilantro at South Coast Farms this week was bursting with aroma! I seriously couldn’t smell enough of it! My integrative functional medicine doctor recommends to me to add cilantro to my daily diet. I said OF COURSE! I LOVE cilantro!
Cilantro naturally cleanses heavy metals in your body by binding to toxic metals and loosening them from our tissues. I have had some trace heavy metals show up in my blood work for some time now. I recently removed my mercury fillings (finally!) from a dentist who knows how to do this safely, and cilantro helps cleanse me, along with some other detoxing I am doing.
I LOVE my doctor, Dr. Bita from Center for New Medicine in Irvine. She was also interviewed on the documentary series, The Truth about Cancer. It feels good to get healthy once and for all! When doing detoxes, it is best to do in-depth detoxing with an integrated functional doctor who is versed in such practices and can guide you in a safe way and that works for your body’s needs.
Natural Health 365 does a great job discussing cilantro and its benefits in this article.
Summary of the Benefits of Cilantro
- Helps with digestion (small intestines love cilantro)
- Minerals: High in calcium and potassium
- Vitamins: A, C, K and traces of B
- Rich in iron, manganese, and sodium
- Our bodies need to be kept rich in minerals, cilantro is a great contributor to this
- Known best for its effective toxic metal cleansing of our tissues. VERY Powerful in detoxing ourselves of heavy metals! Juicing cilantro and/or putting on salads or in homemade guacamole are great ways to incorporate this herb. In its raw form cilantro is the most powerful.
Want to Learn More Ways to Detox Naturally?
Check out my blog posts for more detox rituals to stay vibrant and always feeling your best.